Frequently Asked Question
1. Create firmware.
On the Product page of the Tuya Smart platform, click the product to be configured. On the displayed page, click Advanced Features 4 and click Settings next to Firmware Updates Center.
Click New firmware update.
Enter the firmware information.
• Select MCU firmware or SDK firmware from Firmware type.
• Set Key Version to Yes or No. If you select yes, the firmware version cannot be skipped.
• Select an upgrade method and specify upgrade description.
2. Manage the testing whitelist.
For security purposes, configure several app user accounts for testing.
Click Whitelist Devices.
Click New Whitelist Device.
• Select China, America, or Europe as the country or region of the devices to be added.
• Enter your app account. After your account passes the verification, product IDs (PIDs) of devices under the account will be added automatically to the whitelist.
3. Select devices for testing. The firmware will be sent to the devices and verified.
• Select PIDs of devices from the whitelist.
• The firmware will be sent to the selected devices.
4. Manage release.
Click All Publish or Grayscale Publish. The system automatically submits a release application.
Tuya will review your release application and the firmware security. Upon approval, Tuya will send the firmware to the target consumers within the release scope that you specify.
(1) After the testing devices pass verification, the OTA firmware can be released.
(2) The firmware can be released in China, the United States, and Europe.
(3) Grayscale release and all release are supported, and you can specify the release time.
(4) If you choose grayscale release, you can select one or more regions, the device quantity, and one or more version numbers.
(5) After you confirm release of firmware that Tuya has not verified, Tuya will verify it within 24 hours and then release it. If Tuya has verified the firmware, Tuya will release it immediately.